Friday 1 March 2019

Treasure!




Screen Shot 2017-12-02 at 6.09.23 AM
I've been waiting for the slice of life challenge to come by again...surprisingly, considering that I was on the verge of quitting when I began last year. Somehow through the stress and angst and pressure of having to churn out piece after piece, day after day, I found a beautiful treasure...and it was myself!

I look forward to wringing water out of stone, finding beauty in plainness, digging deep and finding gold...in other words, finding me again.

Thank you, Two Writing Teachers!
Meda asaase anya wham - I found treasure
Name of wax print -
I dug the earth and found treasure

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful piece. I like the way you put it-" finding me again." Isn't it amazing how writing gives us an indescribable feeling. I like the connection you've made with the name or meaning of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful, positive reflection. I also find treasures when I read other writers' slices... and definitely in the receiving and giving of comments. March is a month to grow!

    ReplyDelete