Saturday 31 March 2018

I dared to write...



I look back at my posts in amazement. Am I that melancholic? 68% of my posts had an existential theme, 14% were historical recounts, 11% were a fictionalized account of events from my past and 7% were personal memories. Goodness me. Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks (or in this case, the fingers type. lol)

I am pleased I took on this challenge. A friend introduced me to it, and dared me to stick with it till the end...Thanks, Juliette. I would never have stuck with it if you hadn't pretended to have no faith in my staying power (although you weren't far from wrong).  I almost quit several times,  but you kept spurring me on. Most days, I sat in front of the laptop with zero ideas and a blank mind...or so I thought. As I persisted, thoughts started pouring out from I know not where day after day, and now I know there is much more bubbling up where that came from. I had no idea this challenge was to be the perfect outlet for me. I have never written this much about myself in my fifty plus years, and I've loved every minute of it.

Thank you TWT and the few slicers who graciously stopped by to offer their encouragement and kind words. As I kept telling my friends, I didn't get a lot of comments, but that was not why I wrote. I dared to write to air my soul, to explore my ideas and to challenge my thinking. I did this for me.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You really identified your topics! What an interesting idea! Great job continuing this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! You nailed my reasons for writing. For taking on the challenge and seeing it through till the end. I did not classify my posts though:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Sylvia, we all made it! You write so eloquently. Now let's get on to the next challenge of writing and publishing books for our children. They need our words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was also pulled into this by a friend. Thank goodness for friends like these! The way you write about your experience,it seems like a kind of waking up- did you feel that way?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I first dared to write during last year's March SOLC, and I'm glad I decided to dare again this year. I love how you categorized your posts.... now THAT is the epitomy of reflecting. :-) ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such an inspirational writer and I admire your fingers!

    ReplyDelete