Tuesday 13 March 2018

I Am


Fifth graders had fun today sharing thoughts about themselves with this poem template. I decided to try it too.

I Am
I am a mystery to myself.
I wonder why I want what I can't have.
I see the worst possible outcome.
I hear music in my head.
I want to stop overthinking.
I am a mystery to myself

I pretend I'm not nervous.
I feel comforted when I pray.
I need routine...but I want to run.
I worry about illness.
I cry when I'm confused.
I am a mystery to myself.

I understand God is complex.
I say we've got life all wrong.
I dream of reliving my past.
I try to follow the rules.
I hope my children will be happy.
I am a mystery to myself.




2 comments:

  1. Such a great format for playing with writing and reflecting on self. I love the honesty and vulnerability in your slice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is indeed an honest piece; I read it and it's like I'm looking into a mirror...
    Well done, Sylvie!

    ReplyDelete