Wednesday 21 March 2018

Firefighting


I’m on my way to school. Today, that is the last thing I want to do. I’m tired, I had a sleepless night and I have a lot on my mind that doesn’t necessarily have to do with work. My thoughts are darting here and there, like the tongues of a flame in a rogue fire that won’t be doused. How does one function in such a state?
1.     Get to the bottom of it by mulling over the whys and wherefores? No time for an intellectual exercise. Uncontrolled fire only gets worse with time.
2.     Generalize your understanding of the issue at hand, and make a sweeping judgment on how to handle it? Too dangerous. Can’t take the chance of picking a flame retardant that can make the fire worse.
3.     Reframe your interpretation of the situation, and change your reaction to it?

Hmmm….a bit like smothering a fire or creating firebreaks. Could work; I can only try.


2 comments:

  1. I love the metaphor of the fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughts - Fire- interesting how you kept the metaphor throughout the slice- I hope you created a "firebreak', today.

    ReplyDelete