Sunday 18 March 2018

Dreaming

I’m inspired by the blogger ‘Dreaming with Dar.’ I’m a dreamer too, you know…of life and love, of people and places and possibilities both real and missed. All it takes is a melody, and I’m transported. So powerful are they.  Sometimes I think I overdo it. Dwelling on the joys of the past and picturing a future in which all my dreams unfold takes me away from the gift that is the present moment. Today holds a magic all of it’s own, and when I embrace it, it never ceases to reward me.

7 comments:

  1. Your writing, though brief, inspires and flows. I reread it aloud and it sounds so soothing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part is your last point, about today having a magic of its own ... sometimes we can make the magic happen, sometimes we just allow it to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words about being transported by a memory create wonderful images in my mind. It's interesting, because as I keep playing different melodies, even the way I'm transported changes! Words and memories are so powerful. You're right, though, we need to live life fully so we can create new memories that we can go back and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreams lead to inspiration with leads to action. Keep dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post is full of energy, and hope, and inspiration. I went through a bleak period about twenty years ago, when I realized I had no dreams of my own, lost in the details of work and motherhood and homecaring. It took work to dig out of that darkness; I will save this post as a reminder of the importance of having dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dreams serve many purposes and you capture that effectively here. Dream on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. Love the alliteration that you began with . . ."I’m a dreamer too, you know…of life and love, of people and places and possibilities both real and missed."

    ReplyDelete